Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

California League Rankings

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
marcus_m
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Team : Never Used Steroids
League : AA-Eastern
Registration date : 2008-03-12

California League Rankings - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 12:31 pm

Wow guys, four 100+ pt teams tonight. We really need to get the rules changed. I mean if all 4 of us end up with 100+ pts we all need to move on. I hope the commish sees this league and grants us all a pass, and to the same league. I'd love to battle Bildebergers and beat him next year instead of runner up.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

Number of posts : 35
Team : 60 Driver
League : AAA PCL
Registration date : 2008-07-19

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 15, 2008 5:36 pm

I'm with ya Cubbies....although I'm not a fan of sitting in 3rd
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

Number of posts : 162
Team : Bilderbergers
League : AAA
Registration date : 2008-03-10

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 9:13 am

I have had some great luck this year with a few late draft picks whicha has really helped keep me ahead. Milton Bradley in the 23rd round and Ryan Frankiln as my last pick are the only reasons I was able to build the early lead. With top end contenders like the four of us it is the end game that seperates us, and that would vary year to year, depending on whos late sleepers paid off.

As competetive as this league has been all year, I would love to compete against this group again........though I wouldnt mind skipping a division on my way to the top if I manage to hold on and win Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:34 pm

HAHA....yeah there will def. be some skipping around till things get completely sorted out.....i know you guys will have to be near the top of the list to get bumps....
Back to top Go down
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

Number of posts : 125
Team : Dunedin Doomtroopers
League : AA
Registration date : 2008-04-26

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 7:50 pm

I reckon we should stop pimping our league a, la a certain Tarrell and get down to some fantasy baseball. And if any of my players are reading this, start swinning your @#$%ing bats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:28 am

hhahahaah
Back to top Go down
marcus_m
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 10:34 am

HAHA, Dunedin you're still in 3rd. I have a lot of ground to make up on some hitting categories but I'm getting closer on Homers and SB's. I'll keep breathing down your neck the rest of the year. Hopefully I can lose innings quickly and be able to pitch my starters more often down the stretch too. I like this league very competitive and we all have great teams. 60 keep your damn starters from striking out 30 in a day that takes away from my SO lead big time not funny haha. Ya I hope one of us will get a pardon to the next level was too active at the deadline to settle for another year in A, haha. Good luck everyone.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 7:19 pm

Looks like 2nd place is mine....for the time being. Hopefully I can ride this out long enough to move into 1st. With my luck, my team with have some sort of catosrophic collapse in mid September. I need to make some sort of name for myself this year and next year before I go back to Afghanistan.
Bilderbergers has a monster lead, I bet if the rest of us team up, we can knock him off his pedistal.
Back to top Go down
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 20, 2008 8:37 pm

Oooooh hoo the fantasy gods have looked down on you for that statement, and live scoring has you back in 4th.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 7:12 am

I'm holdin down 3rd right now, but its close between 2, 3, and 4.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2008 9:29 am

Kinsler and Crawford on the DL to give you guys a chance to move up........
Back to top Go down
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 10:55 am

I just met some random Canadians out on the piss and have decided to go tour the fine country of new zealand for the best part of a week. Don't go passing me in this fine league of ours or there will be trouble!!
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 8:18 pm

What the hell is "out on the piss"?
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:32 am

It takes a whole week to tour New Zealand? Razz
Back to top Go down
marcus_m
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 9:19 pm

Ha out on the piss must be some Canadian saying that we can never understand. 60 you need to quit jumping up 6 points in a night. I look one night and I'm 1 pt behind you 2 days later you're 6 pts ahead and in 2nd. I need consitent bad play from your team to jump into 3rd or even 2nd. Glad this league plays the top 3 keeps it competitive till the end instead of us saying o crap Bilderbergers is far ahead and no way to win we at least have something to compete for.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 1:13 pm

I was looking at the categories last night and I am still catchable. This one could come down to the wire.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:44 am

I'm just glad to be part of the ball club, and I hope that I can help out. I'm just playing them one day at a time, and good lord williing, things will work out. Some days you win, some days you lose, and some days it rains....
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 7:46 am

And soime days Crawford and Kinsler go on the DL. Sad
Back to top Go down
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 5:49 am

I'm back! Hope my presence hasn't been missed. On the piss is just slang for drinking etc, and New Zealand does have quite a bit to do, even if it's mass isn't great. Been skiing, bungee jumping and other such exciting things, good too be back to a house with access to internet and not sleeping in a van, and glad to see I haven't fallen of the pace. Gotta love the MLB, the trade deadline has been and gone, yet somehow there seems to be more trades happening now than prior to the deadline.
Back to top Go down
marcus_m
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:16 pm

Dunedin glad to hear you are back, I swear my hitters did absolutly nothing except steal bases and walk while you were gone. Hopefully they will add home runs to that haha. Bilderbergers you might catch me in saves damnet, guess that is what happens when you trade away two closers and your third one plays for the Giants and your fourth gets injured. Well still pissed I'm in fourth but hopefully I can catch someone.
Back to top Go down
marcus_m
Rookie
Rookie

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 1:40 pm

Hey guys was just bored at work and decided to look and see what picks in the 20 + rounds helped out the top 4 teams the best and what top 10 picks were flops this year. If I offend anyone I'm sorry just was going by stats. For Dunedin best late picks would be round 21-Duncan, 23-Huff (Traded to me Smile , and 25 Nady. Dunedin's flops I would say round 5-Pence and 10-H Matsui. For Bilderbergers best late picks would be 22-Bradley and 27-Franklin (isn't looking as good now but was when getting saves). His flop would have to just be round 4 in Byrnes. For 60 Driver I would have to say he had the best top 20 draft, because it seemed like none of his later round picks made much of an impact. I would say Bedard at round 3 and Konerko at round 7 would be his big flops. For me I would have to say Baker at round 23 was my best late pick and my flops would easily be Hafner in round 4, Helton in round 9 and probably Jeter in round 5.

Let me know what you guys think of my anaylzation.
Back to top Go down
Joel
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Joel

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:56 pm

I think it is very accurate, I also liked Kinsler with my round 7 pick, I was happy to get him, but he has far exceeded what I had him pegged for.

Nice job.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 11:03 am

Slow day at work, huh? I just wanted to announce that there is a tie for first heading into September.
Back to top Go down
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:33 pm

I just saw that there, in fact live scoring has a new leader currently, exciting times in the California league.
Back to top Go down
KMDA_007
Rookie
Rookie
KMDA_007

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:54 pm

Our league isn't the only close race in single A ball. According to last weeks standings, the Carolina and South-Atlantic leagues have 3 teams w/ 100+ points, and the NY-Penn league has 4 teams over 100 points. The Carolina league accually has a tighter race for the top 3 than we do, and the NY-Penn league has a closer race for that covenant 3rd spot.

With that being said, i still think that the Cali league has the best race right now...at least we talk with each other. I look foward to seeing how this bad boy closes out in the end.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: California League Rankings   California League Rankings - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

California League Rankings
Page 4 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next