Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

2010 OF Rankings

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
League : Elite
Registration date : 2008-03-01

2010 OF Rankings Empty
PostSubject: 2010 OF Rankings   2010 OF Rankings Icon_minitimeSat Mar 06, 2010 12:31 pm

TG - Nice job with the OF rankings. But I think your 8-Ball was a little skewed in a couple of places. This year the Rodney Dangerfield award What a Face goes to Denard Span OF-Min. He is projected at 92R, 9HR, 64RBI, 71BB, 24SB, .295AVG. Someone send out an APB for Mr. Span. bounce Maybe Soriano can look for him because he won't be doing much hitting again this year. cyclops You were right about dropping him down in the rankings but he shouldn't even make the top 40. No What about Bourn? Question He doesn't make the list. ...hmm...Dump Rios. you hate him as much as I do and find a spot for the speedster. And finally, Zobrist is omitted confused ... He does qualify for 2B (Unlike Soriano). I'd dump Ibanez to make room. That's the changes I would make to the Top 40 OF rankings. Very Happy ...Ahh check that...I send Manny back to Mannywood and replace him with Coghlin...There, Now I'm done cheers
Back to top Go down

2010 OF Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 OF Rankings   2010 OF Rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 4:19 pm

Hmm......Bourn/Span were considered and are reasonable additions but they are one trick ponies. I just have a realllllyyy hard time adding them to the list.

Zoborist is omitted because he will be in the 2B/SS rankings.

AND Coghlin will only be on my team if he goes back to 2B. One of my weakness is I have so little respect for BA that causes his value to be limited...

I do agree about revisiting Soriano/Rios. I really want to bounce Rios for Snider...
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
League : Elite
Registration date : 2008-03-01

2010 OF Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 OF Rankings   2010 OF Rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 8:27 pm

You are right about Bourn having a speed asset with very little else. But Span could have more to offer. First of all he won't destroy your BA. But when you get past 30 OF's sometimes a one trick pony is better than "Old" tricks. Let me try a more scientific approach.

PECOTA 6x6 OF rankings show the following:

OF Overall........UPSIDE......VORP
Manny = 61.........86th............ 27th
Ibanez = 88.........93rd............72nd
Rios = 46.............68th........... 76th
Soriano = 94.......90th............82nd

Bourn = 24..........51st ...........52nd
Coghlin = 31.......25th............48th
Span = 13............11th............28th
Zobrist = 17.........13th............8th
Snider = 72..........44th............78th

Granted that Manny has a decent OF VORP ranking but basically no upside so I don't see top 40
Ibanez showed his true colors during the second half last season and no upside as well
Rios Soriano - Well their scores speak for themselves

I think we both agree that Zobrist would be a top 40 OF but has more value at 2nd base
Coghlin has great upside and could merit one of the slots from above
Bourn doesn't have great upside or VORP so I could see him left of the list. His BA will kill you
But Span is the Rodney Dangerfield like I said earlier. He has great upside & a decent VORP. One trick pony or not.
Can't see taking Snider over any of the names I promoted above....But he is definately better than Rios, Soriano, and Ibanez.
Back to top Go down

2010 OF Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 OF Rankings   2010 OF Rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 07, 2010 10:26 pm

Interesting but:

1) Manny is underrated imo. Love him or Hate him the guy is a professional hitter and, given health, he will hit.

I honestly think 300/30 is a lock if he is health - Span is interesting as a #4 OFer/Util player but in reality he is a single digit HR + 25 SB player. He does have a decent walk rate but his BA last season was inflated. I maybe completely off base here but I just don't see what all the fuss is about...

I also have a HUGE bias towards HRs.
I say it all the time but HR/K are all that matter - all other stats orbit around those two from a fantasy standpoint. Now that is slightly hyperbolic but the essence is true. I would much rather have Manny than Span in a fantasy league. That of course is just my opinion.

2) Coghlin - Would be really interesting if he moved back to second but as of now he is just not my type of player. As much as I love HR - I am ambivalent to BA. That being said, I would take him over Span and probably over Rios. The thing is that rankings have to take into account SOME trade value. I tried not to include it but it is really hard. You will get more on average for Rios than for Coghlan - sad but true. At that point in the rankings it was sort of a toss up. Hmmm, honestly I think I may make this adjustment though. Def. worth thinking about...

3) Soriano/Ibanez - they are not my favorites but each can top 25 HR....maybe in Soriano's case. But look at it this way - if last year is sort of a basement level performance. Then that 20/10 and even with the bad BB rates I would take 20/10 over Span 8/25....but it is personal preference

4) Snider - its the power and the fact that you can get him pretty late still. 25 HR pop trumps speed for me.

I do think I am going to revisit Coghlan though and probably move Rios down.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2010 OF Rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2010 OF Rankings   2010 OF Rankings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2010 OF Rankings
Page 1 of 1