Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Draft rankings

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Heckler
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 5:46 am

Hey guys,

Hoping that I can get some feedback for my keeper league.

I draft 3rd overall. 10 teams. H2H. Weekly lineups. 5X5. Keep any 7 players.

C R HR RBI SB AVG
1B Howard 94 47 136 1 .268
2B Utley 104 22 103 9 .332
SS Reyes 119 12 57 78 .280
3B Wright 113 30 107 34 .325
OF Markakis 97 23 112 18 .300
OF Holliday 120 36 137 11 .340
OF
UTIL Braun 91 34 97 15 .324

SP
SP
SP
SP
SP
RP
RP

Obviously my strength is my O. I'd really like to add another great bat with my first pick to complete my lineup. I also will need pitching.

The best pitchers are: Bedard (guy that had him had too many pitchers to choose from), Kazmir, Smoltz, Harang, Lincecum, Haren, Liriano, Shields, Dice-K, Carmona.
The best bats are: Pena, Pence, Hart, C. Young, Victorino.

I'm pretty sure that Bedard will go number one. If he doesn't he should go number two.

Should I reach for pitching with that spot? Or finish up my lineup?

Right now, I have my top five as:
1.Bedard. 2. C. Young 3. Hart 4. Pence 5. Kazmir
Since it's H2H, I think I can withstand Young's BA, plus he'd really solidify my power/speed and add runs (my real weakness offensively).

Feedback?
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 7:47 am

I say wait till 2nd or 3rd round on the pitching. Looks like there are a lot of very solid pitchers left and Im willing to bet that there are even more...guys like O Perez, Jered Weaver, Clay Buccholtz, Phil Hughes, Matt Cain etc are prob still in the mix.

Take Pence or Hart with your first pick and snag up the pitching later.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Red Monster
Rookie
Rookie
Red Monster

Number of posts : 48
Team : Red Monster
League : Carolina Basement
Registration date : 2008-03-08

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 11:04 am

This is why I dont like 10 teams leagues.Look at this line-up its full of 1st round picks which even in a 10 teamer you shouldnt get those 5 players.........Reyes Wright Holliday Howard and Utley.......I dont know how you ended up with those top 5 guys being maybe you traded last year or whatever but in the end I think the whole thing just stinks........If you cant play in a 12 team competitive league I dont think you should be playing at all.........Im not knocking you as a person but only you as a Fantasy Manager.......Just my opinion and no hard feelings........ Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:40 pm

i think you are a hell of a salesman or bought early on some really good guys...my advice is the same as WCB....I would take chris b. young, pence, or hart...all three are good bets for atleast 25-20 seasons.....

What a Face
Back to top Go down
theforsch55
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 14
Team : Acanthaster / I Am American Made
League : AAA PCL - 2008, Elite - 2009, AAA Intl - 2010

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:48 pm

If Bedard is still there by pick 3, its a no-brainer. But remember that everybody from pick 4-10 is going to get two shots before you get another, and if even just a few of those teams need P's then you might miss out on the next tier; smoltz, harang, lincecum. I know that there will be decent pitchers later on, but your lineup is disgusting, and you need to lock up at least two good pitchers ASAP if you want to compete..... otherwise you'll just tie everybody 5 to 5 every week. I'd say pass on a pitcher with your first pick if the other guys below you really need hitting. I'm still wondering how you got that lineup - 10 team league or not. It's just dirty.
Back to top Go down
Heckler
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 6

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:21 pm

I'm not offended red monster. I'm not convinced, however, that the league is not as good or competitive because it is 10 teams, as opposed to 12 teams. I've played in a 6 team league that was competitive as hell.

As for how I acquired my team....Took Utley and Howard near the turn. Drafted Holliday in the 3rd (right around his ADP last year). Drafted Markakis late, like 16th or so. Traded M. Young and C. Young for Reyes midseason. Braun was waiver wire. Traded for Wright in the offseason (Dunn, Atkins, Tuwlo).

I consolidated my keepers, but I only have the second best set, IMO.

Thanks for the feedback guys.
Back to top Go down
theforsch55
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 14
Team : Acanthaster / I Am American Made
League : AAA PCL - 2008, Elite - 2009, AAA Intl - 2010

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 1:44 pm

I landed Braun through the wire last year on two teams..... Both ended up champions, go figure. it's too bad he's going to be OF from now on, and not 3B.
Back to top Go down
SavesThaDay311
Rookie
Rookie
SavesThaDay311

Number of posts : 23
Team : SavesThaDay311
League : 10 Elite, 09 International AAA runner up
Registration date : 2008-03-12

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 8:02 pm

I would prolly go with a pitcher considering shortly into the season Braun can be your other OF so you dont really need to focus entirely on that last OF spot right away, if there is someone at a different position that you think will outperform whatever OF you are looking at grab that guy and stash him on your bench until Braun can be moved to OF and then grab someone else out of a pretty deep OF pool to play for what 20 games or so??? There should be plenty still there after a couple rounds.. Taveras, Bourn,

I would either go with Harang, Sheilds or even go with Pena at first to be your Utility guy when Braun goes to the OF
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Draft rankings Empty
PostSubject: Re: Draft rankings   Draft rankings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Draft rankings
Page 1 of 1