Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on this trade

Go down 
+2
dukes
hibbzy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
hibbzy
Veteran
Veteran
hibbzy

Number of posts : 125
Team : Dunedin Doomtroopers
League : AA
Registration date : 2008-04-26

Thoughts on this trade Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 7:51 am

The league seems to be up in arms over this trade

SPRINGFIELD ISOTOPES

Brett Gardner, NYY OF
Seth Smith, Col OF
Jaime Garcia, StL RP, SP

For HAPPY HALLADAYS

Miguel Cabrera, Det 1B
Luis Castillo, NYM 2B
Tom Gorzelanny, ChC SP, RP
Back to top Go down
dukes
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 5
Team : uncle
League : eastern
Registration date : 2010-05-31

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 9:54 am

further info: the team getting Cabrera is in 4th. And right in the hunt for league title.
Whereas the team trading him, is in 10th, and has apparently decided to quit playing.
this is clearly a matter of, "I'm done, so here's my best player"
Back to top Go down
teamdalrymple
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 56
Team : teamdalrymple
League : AAA International league
Registration date : 2009-07-14

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:51 am

Dukes are you jealous? why didn't you send an offer that way or were you to busy being judgemental. the owners in the bottom 4 or 5 are almost always willing to try something or anything to try to make their team better.

Last edited by teamdalrymple on Mon May 31, 2010 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
teamdalrymple
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 12:09 pm

And lets see which SP in the league has the best ERA and whip other than Ubaldo Jiminez, Gardner contributes in steals and runs and Seth Smith may end up being a big producer if he keeps or starts getting more P/T no way it is a veto in my opinion just selling high on some and possible upside on others. And what place is he in with Miggy in his lineup everyday and hell he might even fall off the wagon again Smile. And Fowler just got demoted which opens up more playing time for Seth Smith who I predict will keep putting up very solid hr numbers.
Back to top Go down
wallach029
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 3:31 pm

I agree with dukes...this trade needs to be vetoed and in my mind is collusion.

No one in their right mind (being in 10th place or 4th place for that matter) would ever trade Miguel Cabrera for Brett Gardner, Seth Smith, &
Jaime Garcia.

HH is throwing in the towel and helping Isotpes try to win a title.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 8:48 pm

The trade will follow our standard process. If the league vetoes the deal then the owner can appeal to us. First things first, the league vote is currently 4 to 4. If the league does not veto the trade we will not. We only step in if collusion is apparent. We have discussed the trade and decided that the player values are not so lopsided that we would veto with out the league doing so first. So, lets see what happens with the league vote and then move forward. Thank you.
Back to top Go down
https://elitefantasybaseball.darkbb.com
ekuflik
Prospect
Prospect

Team : Isotopes
League : AA Eastern

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:10 pm

I am the only one who thinks protesting a trade for this reason is cheating and that trades shouldnt be protested based on where I am in the standings? Later when I called him out on this he came up with new reasons, but the motives are clear.

Gold: I agree that this trade should be vetoed
Gold: Look at the standings, Isotopes needs a bit of help in HR, RBI, and R which he will get with Miggy
Gold: Yet, he tied for the best in SB, so he doesn't lose much in Gardner
Back to top Go down
teamdalrymple
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeMon May 31, 2010 11:53 pm

I already stated my thoughts on this but I wouldn't say he is cheating for protesting the trade. So many people who come to Elite are used to vetoing a deal for bad reasons like they wouldn't make the trade but they eventually get used to Elites anything goes if both mgrs feel it is fair. Trading is encouraged here and active managers are rewarded. But that is my view others may disagree.
Back to top Go down
ekuflik
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 8:07 am

I would be curious to know how the veto/allow votes correlate with league standing.
Back to top Go down
dukes
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 9:34 am

I think that's fairly obvious E.
Most of the time, and I think rightly so in our league, the bottom 4 or 5 guys tend to just give up and quit. The guys in the upper part of the league, who have drafted well, and worked hard to get where they are, hate to see someone who isn't playing anymore, just dump off their stud to one of the upper teams. Which I think is happening in this trade.

"you: I'll trade you no one, for arguably the best hitting fantasy 1B
him: fine, I'm done with this league anyway. So it doesn't matter to me."

those of us who did our homework, to draft well, and have worked the waiver wires hard to compete, basically get 1 upped because a guy decided to quit. How is that showing your fantasy baseball skills?
that's why lopsided trades bother us and how they relate to the standings.

now with that said, I will say that I personally don't think it's that lopsided. As garcia is pitching well for a good team(I think it's smoke and mirrors, but none of us can predict what will happen with him). Smith is a platoon player who is mashing the ball vs right handers. I don;t see how halladays team gets better by this trade, but as mentioned above, I don't think he cares either.
Back to top Go down
ekuflik
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:06 am

If you do not think it is that lopsided you should not be voting to veto.

I am insulted that not only are you accusing me making an unfair trade, but you are accusing me of cheating. Do you really think I sent him an email asking him to trade me his good players since he is in last? You have obsolutely no reason to think that, and such accusations make these leagues much less friendly and much less fun to be in. At least have the courtesy to asked me how the trade developed before accusing me of collusion.
Back to top Go down
teamdalrymple
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 10:21 am

Yes thats the part I hate the most. And a good question to the active owners out there. Which is worse sticking with your roster that has landed you in the bottom of the league 1/3 of the way through the season or trying to make something happen? And then getting accused of collusion just because you think this might work? And this is the best offer I have gotten... Did someone send him a better offer that he rejected. I doubt it.
Back to top Go down
ekuflik
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 1:27 pm

It is also ridiculus to think that HH is giving up. All those claims are unfoudned. He changes his roster regularly and rejected some of my earlier offers.
Back to top Go down
dukes
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 5:57 pm

one person used the word cheating, that same person used the word collusion.
Quit grouping us all with him.
You asked how votes correlated to league position. I answered that question. That's all.
Ive emailed you and explained my thoughts, you have no reason to call me out here. This trade will go through, all will be well in the world tomorrow. no worries.

just an note..EFP is an awesome idea, and from what Ive seen, the only problems this league has ever had is trades. I sure wish I could think of a better way to do them. It seems that every year, there's a big stink like this in a few of the leagues. and trades are always the culprit.
Back to top Go down
ekuflik
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitimeTue Jun 01, 2010 6:38 pm

I misunderstood your comments:
"you: I'll trade you no one, for arguably the best hitting fantasy 1B
him: fine, I'm done with this league anyway. So it doesn't matter to me."

I thought you were saying that HH said to me that he is giving up and doesnt care if he makes an unfair trade. If I made a trade knowing that, then I would be cheating.

I guess you are not saying that, and I am sorry for calling you out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on this trade   Thoughts on this trade Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on this trade
Page 1 of 1