Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD

Go down 
+5
DonnieBaseball
smartfishes
Cory's Crew
Red Monster
DAnnino
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Empty
PostSubject: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:33 pm

DAnnino gives: Peralta and Youkilis

JUNIPER gives: J. Upton and Salty Sad Sad Sad Sad

it breaks my heart to have to do this deal with my boy Upton and my all time boy Salty in the deal, but i need a MI badly and Youk will help BB wise....

that two trades already - I am loving this league so far.... Very Happy cheers

Last edited by JUNIPER on Sun Mar 09, 2008 1:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

Number of posts : 112
Team : INITECH Staplers
League : AA Eastern
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 5:58 pm

And I've been on both of them. Very Happy

I wasn't emotionally tied to either Peralta (a fine SS) or Youk (a Red Sox and a nice Jewish boy to boot), but I like the upside of both Salty (can he really have a last name with 14 letters?) and Justin Upton (I live in AZ, so I get 162 D-Backs games a year via FSN AZ and WB58 in Tucson). Plus, Salty is rated for both C and 1B (I like multi eligibility). He's an upgrade over Varitek at C. And Upton will probably one of my starters.

Time will tell how this will work out, but from my end, I got a couple of players I can use.

And I'm still willing to talk trades if anyone has some ideas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:52 pm

JUNIPER gives: Bailey
Perc gives: B. Molina

small deal, but we gotta report them all right?

NOTE: small until bailey pulls a dontrele willis on the league... Suspect

The voting in this league is a little slow though Neutral ....it only takes a second to vote....
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 3:26 pm

JUNIPER wrote:

The voting in this league is a little slow though Neutral ....it only takes a second to vote....

Actually, our trade went through quickly. I did notice I was the only owner to vote on the new trade, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 8:57 pm

yeah I guess they are going through pretty fast...iam just impatient Smile .....

i guess we know the guy obsessed with trading already.....i couldnt stand to be apart from my boy utpon, so....

Dannino gives: J. Upton and Carmona
JUNIPER gives: Pence and A. Miller
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 12:07 am

Well, essentially, this was Carmona for Pence, with Upton and Miller as extras.

Juniper's staff needed wins, and I needed (and still need) more offense. And Upton and Miller are really still prospects, with a lot of upside, but young and relatively inexperienced. I think we both gained here.

By the way, with Daylight Savings starting, it's one sign that baseball season is almost here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:04 am

NEW TRADE....

JUNIPER GIVES:

Garza, Matt (P)
Matsuzaka, Daisuke (P)
Wright, David (3B)
Hafner, Travis (DH)

IPWITCH GIVES:

Howard, Ryan (1B)
Braun, Ryan (3B)
Hunter, Torii (OF)

affraid
Back to top Go down
Red Monster
Rookie
Rookie
Red Monster

Number of posts : 48
Team : Red Monster
League : Carolina Basement
Registration date : 2008-03-08

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:28 pm

Juniper if I may be so inclined to asses the damage here........You basicly gave up Pence for Carmona which I cant agree with but I hate pitchers and thats just the way it is........Somethings may never change........And dontcha believe it..........OK enough with the Bruce Hornsby already.........Now in the new deal your giving up 2 SP in Dice and Garza who by the way is one of my deep sleepers this year for Tori Hunter who I have no faith in at all even with the move to Halo-Land.......Wright/Hafner for Braun/Howard is just a wash so no harm in that although I am from NY and it would make even the corner bums scoff at me for giving up a Met or a Yankee..........All in all heres what you now have..........

1. Carmona................TSN has him rated 56........I have him rated 126
2. Braun.........Can u say Sophmore Slump.......I can
3. Howard........Probably my best bet to go big this year.......Love it
4. Hunter........Only 2 words needed here.........AGE and BEAUTY.........Not Good
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:42 pm

hahah Razz ...no one ever said i was good at this...iam learning - dont be too harsh.... Crying or Very sad ...maybe I'll get a good deal sooner or later...until then ill just have to deal with being ripped...ill learn -hopefully before I dismantle my team.... affraid

BUT here is my take...

So far I have traded

Hafner
Wright
Pence
Dice-K
Salty
Garza
Bailey
Andrew Miller

for

Howard
Braun
Hunter
Carmona
Peralta
Molina
Youk
J. Upton

not pretty is it? oh well.... lol! ...we'll have to see how it plays out...plus I still have atleast four or five trades left in me this week....anyone interested drop me a line....
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 1:55 pm

By the way, I've heard some rumblings that if J.Up doesn't start off well, he'll be sent down I-10 to Tucson. I don't know off the top my head who'd step in, since Scott Hairston's in SD, but it's something to think about.

A sophmore slumped Ryan Braun is still better than many 3B/OFs out there (hell, the Dodgers have both No-Mah and Andy LaRoche hurt right now. Could they actually be missing WILSON BETEMIT? Question ). But I'd rather have David Wright.

I'm not, and never really have been, a Torii Hunter guy. Whenever I end up with him, I move him.

Still, I've always believed that they call it Draft and Trade for a reason. It's part of the fun, except when there's collusion (I ran into a nasty bit of that on one of my TSN teams last year. Amazing what some people will do for $40! Shocked ).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:13 pm

well you win some you lose some....its fun to trade and I dont mind taking a hit here..its was good to go back and forth with the guys and I really enjoyed that...
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:25 pm

Actually, I wouldn't go so far as to say you've lost anything...yet. The season is still a way away, and the first month is pretty inconsistent. Time will tell how well these trades work out.

By the way, who is Alicia Lynn Pieri?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 2:42 pm

Dale Murphy and ALP my personal heros, but not for the reasons you would think....nothing sordid.... No
Back to top Go down
Cory's Crew
Veteran
Veteran
Cory's Crew

Number of posts : 142
Team : Cory's Crew
League : 10 Elite / 09 AAA International Champ / 08 AA Texas LG. Runner up

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 7:56 pm

Juniper you are kidding right. I got your back here. I believe you are killing these guys. I love your side
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:08 pm

only time will tell, but i feel like i at best came out even ...i hope you are right but iam regretting a couple of the deals already No
Back to top Go down
smartfishes
Veteran
Veteran
smartfishes

Number of posts : 61
Team : under protest
League : INTL AAA
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 8:15 pm

Red Monster wrote:
Juniper if I may be so inclined to asses the damage here........You basicly gave up Pence for Carmona which I cant agree with but I hate pitchers and thats just the way it is........Somethings may never change........And dontcha believe it..........OK enough with the Bruce Hornsby already.........Now in the new deal your giving up 2 SP in Dice and Garza who by the way is one of my deep sleepers this year for Tori Hunter who I have no faith in at all even with the move to Halo-Land.......Wright/Hafner for Braun/Howard is just a wash so no harm in that although I am from NY and it would make even the corner bums scoff at me for giving up a Met or a Yankee..........All in all heres what you now have..........

1. Carmona................TSN has him rated 56........I have him rated 126
2. Braun.........Can u say Sophmore Slump.......I can
3. Howard........Probably my best bet to go big this year.......Love it
4. Hunter........Only 2 words needed here.........AGE and BEAUTY.........Not Good

With thoughts and opinions like that, I really wish you were in my league. Juniper wins this trade, hands down. This is a redraft, age means nothing. Hunter was sick last year and usually is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 11:23 pm

LANDSHARKS GIVES: IAN KENNEDY

ALP GIVES: ADAM JONES
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:11 pm

ALP GIVES: Soria and Capps

TPS GIVES: CC Sabathia
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 1:41 pm

I now have five, count 'em five closers! I love me some saves!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 5:09 pm

JUNIPER: Carmona/Hardy

SHARKS: Weeks/Lyon...

had to get a closer back Smile...

still have offers out if you are interested in a deal...let me know...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2008 8:58 pm

JUNIPER gives: CC Sabathia, Hunter, Kennedy

FORSCH gives: Harang, Francoeur, Lidge
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:22 pm

We just had another trade go down.

I get Brian Fuentes (P, COL) for Raul Ibanez (OF, SEA) going to The Dalialama.

Dalialama needed an OF, I needed some holds. Plus, Fuentes was the Rockies' closer until he had issues last season, so he's in the wings should the current closer have problems. And he could pick up some vulture saves.

I did give up a guy who's had 100+ RBI seasons the last two years, but I have Matt Diaz and Hunter Pence, both of whom may not get 100 RBI each, but offer more in BA (Diaz) and SB (Pence) than Ibanez.
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 4:52 pm

Once again, I am surprised by the swiftness of this league. Dalialama proposed the trade at about 1140 my time, I accept around 1215, and its done around 20 minutes later with four positive votes.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 7:25 pm

we are pretty much the best league on the site.....
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 4:39 pm

ALP and I have pulled off another trade:

I get: Brandon Lyon, Kevin Youkilis, and Chris B. Young.

ALP gets: Matt Capps and Hunter Pence.

I guess Juniper has a fantasy man-crush on Pence. Heck, I've got one in fantasy football for Marion Barber! But my OF has now gained 30+ HRs and 25+ SBs in CBY (he won't hit under .240 this season Cool ), I get Youk back to play 3B, and I have Lyon, who is the current D-Backs closer. Juniper now has another closer (he's probably more reliable than Lyon), and the offensive force that is Hunter Pence (who's name sounds like a Civil War general).

I did have to drop Casey Kotchmann, but I'm not too upset, as I'm not so sure he's not going to lose PT this year.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD   OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OFFICIAL PCL TRADE THREAD
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next