Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Trade Vetoed in Southern League

Go down 
+4
DAnnino
Citizen Reeder
DonnieBaseball
KEOUGH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
KEOUGH
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Team : the colored kids
League : A Appalachian
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Trade Vetoed in Southern League Empty
PostSubject: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:01 am

We just had a trade vetoed in our league and I want to know what everyone thinks about it. I'm not one to vote against trades, in fact this is the first time I ever have. We have 4 votes against almost immediately and only one vote for.

The trade was ALBERT PUJOLS for JJ PUTZ.

Even if Putz was healthy this still seems pretty ridiculous. I might not have voted against if Putz was in perfect form and perfectly healthy, but it still wouldnt be a deal that makes any sense. I contacted one of the managers and they explained it and said that there was no collusion involved. I'd like to give them the benefit of the doubt. Any thoughts?
Back to top Go down
DonnieBaseball
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 48
Team : Brickhouse
League : Florida State League A
Registration date : 2008-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 3:40 am

I read alot of your comments on how a trade should not be veto'd unless there is colusion involved......but c'mon Howard for putz?

If I can steal a comment from one of our great leaders...."Thats Redic"
Back to top Go down
KEOUGH
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Team : the colored kids
League : A Appalachian

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 4:53 am

I don't think I made any comments about that, though I do agree. And the trade was Pujols for Putz, not Howard...though both are equally "ridic"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 12:02 pm

There is a point where things get ridic. and that should of been vetoed. Like i said on the other thread vetoes should be used very very rarely, but this is a case that it should be used. That is an insane trade....
Back to top Go down
Citizen Reeder
Rookie
Rookie
Citizen Reeder

Number of posts : 34
Team : HoneyNutIchiros
League : Elite

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:17 pm

I also, don't normally vote against trades. At first I approved the trade, because per site wishes trades should not be vetoed unless there is collusion. which I don't think there was. I then later switched to veto after thinking about the deal more. It is as lopsided as the Gasol trade.

Last edited by honeynutichiros on Sat Apr 26, 2008 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DAnnino
Veteran
Veteran
DAnnino

Number of posts : 112
Team : INITECH Staplers
League : AA Eastern
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 2:19 pm

Not a great trade, but understandable. Both guys have injury issues. But right now, as things stand, I wouldn't have made the trade to begin with, but meerly would refrain from voting. I doubt there's cheating involved, given the nature of our leagues. Just managerial head space.
Back to top Go down
Foul Territory
Prospect
Prospect
Foul Territory

Number of posts : 14
Team : Foul Territory
League : AA Southern League

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2008 5:48 pm

After i voted last night, the score was 3 votes for, and my vote against. I did not comment 1 way or the other. Had i been commish with veto power, i may have put more thought into it, but to me the trade stunk. I am glad people came to their senses.
Back to top Go down
http://neofantasysports.darkbb.com/index.htm
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 10:09 pm

Here we go again...Here are a couple of trades being evaluated in the AA Southern league. I'm interested in what other folks thoughts were for veto or acceptance.

Team A sends Zambrano, Soria, Longoria for Team B's Saito, Garko, Wright
Currently (2) league votes for and (3) league votes against

Team C sends Ichiro & Swisher for team D's Pujols
Currently (0) league votes for and (2) league votes against

Personally, I don't understand why the "veto" vote is being used in either of these trades. scratch
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeThu Jul 31, 2008 11:53 pm

I will contact your commish about this....there is absolutely no reason to veto either of these trades. Top notch players on both sides of both deals...Please remind the league of the veto policy as well. Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Cory's Crew
Veteran
Veteran
Cory's Crew

Number of posts : 142
Team : Cory's Crew
League : 10 Elite / 09 AAA International Champ / 08 AA Texas LG. Runner up
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:01 pm

Is Saito even pitching?? is he not done for the year??
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 8:08 pm

VETO = WHINE

Yeah, JT contact the commish and prevent this if possible. Those vetos are utter garbage!
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 11:19 pm

Cooler heads eventually prevailed with the trades in the AA Southern league. Both trades posted above were approved and trranspired this evening. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trade Vetoed in Southern League   Trade Vetoed in Southern League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trade Vetoed in Southern League
Page 1 of 1