Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Southern League is tough

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
KEOUGH
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 28
Team : the colored kids
League : A Appalachian
Registration date : 2008-02-29

Southern League is tough Empty
PostSubject: Southern League is tough   Southern League is tough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 19, 2008 9:47 pm

I've got say, the AA Southern League has been extremely competitive so far this year. We've got 10 or 11 teams that are still very active and the top 6 or 7 are top notch managers. I'm working everyday just to hang around 6th or 7th when I'd be dominating most leagues I've played in with this kind of effort.

Just wanted to give some airtime to the Southern League...and our current leader HoneyNutIchiros gets my vote for manager of the year. Watch out boys, this guy is good!
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
League : Elite
Registration date : 2008-03-01

PostSubject: Re: Southern League is tough   Southern League is tough Icon_minitimeTue Jun 24, 2008 7:08 pm

Punisher props go out to the HoneynutIchiros as well. He's put together a very nice team and has to be considered the favorite for a championiship heading into the All Star break. The rest of the league is quite balanced and left with scraping crumbs off of the waiver wire because not much has been happening in the way of trades this year.

Speaking of trades, I'm still licking my wounds from dealing Hamilton for Ichiro to the Commish's Horrible in April team. Don't get me wrong, I'd still make the same deal at the same time because Ichiro hasn't been bad at all and has provided my team with much needed steels. Its just that I didn't know the rest of my lumberjacks were going to get Hiitersphobia for the months of May & June leaving the Punisher's dead last in the league for taters. Desparation hasn't set in yet but you couldn't tell that with my latest waiver wire aquisitions for Konerko & Sheffield in an effort to improve my bleak power numbers. Does anyone out there think that these two guys have 30 taters left between them this year???

Hopefully, the league trade activity will pick up a little bit in July.

Great job to all managers in our league...except for the one dunderhead...Here's looking forward to an even more competetive 2nd half of the season.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Southern League is tough   Southern League is tough Icon_minitimeThu Jun 26, 2008 5:44 pm

Where-n-the-heck are the AA Southern boyz at scratch scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Southern League is tough   Southern League is tough Icon_minitimeFri Jun 27, 2008 8:34 pm

Well I keep try'n to catch lightening in a bottle...The latest FA maneuver has the Punishers dropping a wristless Blalock and picking up a rejuvenated Edmonds...Now is that a sign of desperation or what drunken
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Southern League is tough   Southern League is tough Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Southern League is tough
Page 1 of 1