Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-19

New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10 Empty
PostSubject: New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10   New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 3:48 am

This weeks edition of the Weekly Report is now available for download. Comments and feedback welcome.

Listen Download
Back to top Go down
https://elitefantasybaseball.darkbb.com
teamsherr
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 4
Team : TeamSherr
League : GreatLakes
Registration date : 2010-03-19

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10   New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10 Icon_minitimeWed May 05, 2010 5:06 am

Great Podcast guys

Sorry Terrell the correct pronunciation is Sherr (like Share the wealth)

Been a thrill being in the top 3 so far but will probably have to bear down and make adjustments as some of my players cool off.

Then again like in real BBall wins in April count just as much as wins in September.

Cheers

Edward Sherr (sounds like share Razz )
Back to top Go down
NOLA
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 1
Team : Les Pelicans
League : Continental
Registration date : 2010-05-06

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10   New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10 Icon_minitimeThu May 06, 2010 4:50 am

Hey guys, I'm Joe/Maxfield

In the interest of those who have listened to the podcast, I'll post here a part of my email referenced here. My intention wasn't so much to show up you upper level guys as to say that some of us lower level guys might not be that bad.

"I'll add that I've really enjoyed my experience with the community so far. In a Rookie League, I know I have a lot to prove and I can already sense maybe some skepticism from the upper leagues with the lower leagues having successful individual seasons. There's obviously disparity in the lower leagues, it's easier to draft for good managers. Good managers in lower leagues find good value and can stack teams and look great on the power rankings. The upper leagues are much more balanced so it's more difffcult to find value, etc, so I wouldn't expect as big a difference from top to bottom, so the power rankings reflect that those top teams are just less powerful. This doesn't mean that lower league managers should be expected to drop off or have the standings eventually "normalize." At the same time, the individual power rankings are still partly reflective of the team power rankings, so the Elite and AAA leagues have a built in weight/advantage, that they are given more power points in individual standings to counter that they are more balanced. That there are still lower league teams ahead of the upper league teams with that built in advantage for the upper league teams, it could mean that either the teams ahead in the standings actually are really good or that the power rankings are not yet perfect. Of course, it is probably a mix. My point here is that of course there are good managers in lower leagues and that it shouldn't be expected that we'll drop off and upper league teams will rise ahead of us, for it's quite possible that some lower league managers are better than some upper league manages. But that's the beauty of what you guys have set up here, guys like myself will put in the time to prove ourselves and we'll create each year more and more competitive upper leagues."

I'll also add the sheer number of lower league teams compared to upper level teams. There's a great change of some of the 24 Rookie and A Ball teams being ahead in individual standings ahead of the teams from only 3 Elite and AAA teams.

Anyway, I look forward to playing you upper level guys in a few years. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10   New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Podcast: Weekly Report 5/3/10
Page 1 of 1