Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Florida State League

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

Number of posts : 13
Team : The Pretenders
League : '10 Elite league champ. '09 Florida State league champ.
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Florida State League Empty
PostSubject: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 03, 2009 12:09 am

Hi, just thought I'd start something for the Florida State League players. You could start off by pointing out all of the flaws in my team! I'd love to see what you have to say.
Back to top Go down
waxx
Prospect
Prospect
waxx

Number of posts : 2
Team : 16 Ounce Pounders
League : Florida St League
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeSun Apr 05, 2009 7:29 pm

Ok I will bite. I think you dont have enough power on your team. You will lack in HR's and RBI's but your team is stacked in SP's.

Feel free to rate my draft also.

I am looking forward to a great season and seeing what Elite has to offer in terms of active competition.
Back to top Go down
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

PostSubject: Comments on your team....   Florida State League Icon_minitimeMon Apr 06, 2009 12:55 am

While I wholeheartedly agree I could use more power, I'm OK with my offense for now. Let's take a look at the 16 oz. pounders.

Starting at catcher, I like Baker. It must only be me, but catcher is the position that you have to have a backup for. The rest of the offense is very, very good. A little more speed would be nice, but for power and AVG, and BB, this team rocks! (forgot RBI, oops.)

The starting pitching is missing. If you get lucky with Johnson and Carpenter, and Joba, and Escobar, you win!! One or two of them may work out, but not all four. The relief pitchers are awesome! There are 4 closers, and 2 guys who would be closers if something happened to the regular closer.

Our teams appear to be a study in offense vs. pitching. It wouldn't surprise me to see both of us in the top half of the standings.

It's a real treat to get to play in a league where people take different approaches to building a team. This is going to be a fun season, and a great league to play in. Good luck Pounders!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeFri Apr 10, 2009 6:38 pm

Nice...So you always carry a back up catcher?? I dont even carry an extra hitter usually....All RP and use the entire bench for SP...
Back to top Go down
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:33 am

Normally I do carry a backup catcher. I'm kind of rethinking that after looking at the max and pace, I just assumed the games limit was 162 per position. It looks like the games limit lumps all of the positions together, that would make a backup C less important.
Back to top Go down
waxx
Prospect
Prospect
waxx

Number of posts : 2
Team : 16 Ounce Pounders
League : Florida St League
Registration date : 2009-03-24

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 9:36 am

Nice recent trades Pretenders. Getting C. Davis for Cantu may pay off huge if he can get going before being sent down. I am also a little down that I didn't go after A-Rod. Billingsley is good and Hunter ok but if A-Rod hits the ground running and crushing that will be the trade of the year. Good work on both trades betting on potential and injury return. I would rather be on your side of both trades.
Back to top Go down
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitimeTue Apr 21, 2009 6:30 pm

waxx wrote:
Nice recent trades Pretenders. Getting C. Davis for Cantu may pay off huge if he can get going before being sent down. I am also a little down that I didn't go after A-Rod. Billingsley is good and Hunter ok but if A-Rod hits the ground running and crushing that will be the trade of the year. Good work on both trades betting on potential and injury return. I would rather be on your side of both trades.

Thanks Pounders! Looking at the first 2 weeks of the year, it was obvious to me that I needed to do something to get some power. I hated letting Billingsley go (especially since I learned how to spell his name), but you have to give some to get some. A-rod and Davis should definitely help my team out.

While were at it, you did a very nice job getting Baker, Meche and Beltran. Giving up Aramis had to hurt, but you have enough power to not even worry about it. It looks like things are going to be interesting in the near future.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Florida State League   Florida State League Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Florida State League
Page 1 of 1