Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Thoughts on Clay Buchholz

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 119
Team : 5280
League : Elite / 2008 AA Texas Champion
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Empty
PostSubject: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeFri Feb 29, 2008 11:47 pm

OK, Juniper ... you've got your wish. Guess I didn't think of it as trespassing by you giving your thoughts on the subject in the Elite forum, but I guess you're right. The BIG BOYS don't want us tracking dirt into their Mom's basement.

What do you and the AAA guys think of Clay Buchholz this season?
Did he catch people by surprise last year with his no-hitter or was it a sign of greatness to come?
Will that greatness come as soon as this year or will Schilling's midseason return push him into a relief role?

Is the lightning in a bottle half full or half empty?

He went undrafted in a 10-player keeper league (all from same team of our choice) , 8-team draft.
Is he worth a waiver claim?

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:07 am

I think Juniper was kidding...everyone can post in any forum.

Clay Buchholtz is the next cole hamels...without the injury risk. I think he'll be borderline dominant in about 75% of his starts this year. Playing in the AL East might keep him from making that more like 85 or 90%. I predict a 15wins 3.50 ERA 1.20 Whip and about 180K's. That should definitely be enough to warrant a roster spot. I struggled with the decision to keep him or not in my 10-player keeper and I ultimately decided to let me go in hopes that i can get him back iearly in the draft.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 12:21 am

I was kidding too ... except the part about half the Elite league still living at home. OK ... I was kidding about that, too. Appreciate the comments John. Might have to pull the trigger on this one ... but with it being an 8-team league, there are a lot of quality players on the wire. Haven't played in an 8-team league in forever ... maybe ever ... but with all the talent lasting deep into the draft, it was like Christmas morning on draft night. LOL
Back to top Go down
smartfishes
Veteran
Veteran
smartfishes

Number of posts : 61
Team : under protest
League : INTL AAA
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:15 am

5280 wrote:
I was kidding too ... except the part about half the Elite league still living at home. OK ... I was kidding about that, too. Appreciate the comments John. Might have to pull the trigger on this one ... but with it being an 8-team league, there are a lot of quality players on the wire. Haven't played in an 8-team league in forever ... maybe ever ... but with all the talent lasting deep into the draft, it was like Christmas morning on draft night. LOL

Are you required to wear a skirt or just high heels when drafting in a 8 team league? cheers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:40 am

ahahahhhaahahaha Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 11:17 am

Douche' ... er I mean Touche'
Back to top Go down
jpc226
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 6
Team : Atlanta Braves
Registration date : 2008-02-29

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 4:27 pm

I think he'll become a solid starting pitcher, one you can start without much thought. However, I don't think he'll become a star. But you never know, he could prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
jax_cubs
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 6
Team : Cubs Homer
League : AAA International
Registration date : 2008-02-21

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 5:08 pm

I am not draftin him because I am not convinced he will do a whole lot for me in that division. With that being said, we will probably win 18-20 games with 3.00 ERA and 180+K's if I don't draft him!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thoughts on Clay Buchholz   Thoughts on Clay Buchholz Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Thoughts on Clay Buchholz
Page 1 of 1