Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-19

Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas Empty
PostSubject: Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas   Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas Icon_minitimeThu Mar 19, 2009 5:07 pm

BASEBALL

Team Power Ranking
= Cumulative points across all 12 scoring categories vs all 360 teams + League Power Score

Every team is ranked 1-360 in each scoring category, with the highest scoring team receiving 360 points and the lowest receiving 1. Those points are added together for a cumulative points score. To account for league strength, all 33 leagues are ranked against each other to determine each leagues Power Score. The League Power Score is determined by ranking each league 1-36 for cumulative points scored in each scoring category. To get a better idea on how this works, you can view the 2008 rankings HERE.

FOOTBALL

Team Power Ranking
= (Wins x 100) + (Points For x (League Total Points x .0001) / 10

This formula looks complex, but it really simple. In fantasy football, wins are everything but they don't truly determine a teams strength. So, to account for that I heavily weighed Points for and League Total Points in this equation. Multiplying Wins by 100 makes wins worth roughly 25% of a teams power ranking. The second half of the equation accounts for a teams ability to score points, and the depth of that teams league. League total points are multiplied by .0001 simply to get a smaller, more manageable number. The entire equation is then divided by 10 to again give up a more manageable 4-digit number. To get a better idea on how this works, you can view the 2008 rankings HERE.
Back to top Go down
https://elitefantasybaseball.darkbb.com
The Czar
Rookie
Rookie

Number of posts : 38
Registration date : 2008-02-22

Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas Empty
PostSubject: Re: Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas   Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:06 am

Admin wrote:
BASEBALL

Team Power Ranking
= Cumulative points across all 12 scoring categories vs all 360 teams + League Power Score

Every team is ranked 1-360 in each scoring category, with the highest scoring team receiving 360 points and the lowest receiving 1. Those points are added together for a cumulative points score. To account for league strength, all 33 leagues are ranked against each other to determine each leagues Power Score. The League Power Score is determined by ranking each league 1-36 for cumulative points scored in each scoring category. To get a better idea on how this works, you can view the 2008 rankings HERE.

FOOTBALL

Team Power Ranking
= (Wins x 100) + (Points For x (League Total Points x .0001) / 10

This formula looks complex, but it really simple. In fantasy football, wins are everything but they don't truly determine a teams strength. So, to account for that I heavily weighed Points for and League Total Points in this equation. Multiplying Wins by 100 makes wins worth roughly 25% of a teams power ranking. The second half of the equation accounts for a teams ability to score points, and the depth of that teams league. League total points are multiplied by .0001 simply to get a smaller, more manageable number. The entire equation is then divided by 10 to again give up a more manageable 4-digit number. To get a better idea on how this works, you can view the 2008 rankings HERE.

The link up there for 2008 doesn't work anymore. Did you save those rankings anywhere. Did I garner the top spot in 2008? I can't remember. I know that I ran away in Elite that year, but then I got a little bored and wasn't really paying attention the final month or so. I think I got caught in the overall, but wasn't sure.
Back to top Go down

Power Ranking and League Ranking Formulas
Page 1 of 1