Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Frontier League Trades

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fryingdutchman4
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 3
Team : The Frying Dutchmen
League : AA Frontier League
Registration date : 2009-05-11

Frontier League Trades Empty
PostSubject: Frontier League Trades   Frontier League Trades Icon_minitimeTue May 12, 2009 12:21 am

The Frontier League had its 2nd and 3rd trades this week, and here they are:

Team A gets Francisco Rodriguez
Team B gets Alfonso Soriano

Team A gets Carlos Delgado, Ryan Spilborghs and Mariano Rivera
Team B gets Ryan Braun and Joe Nathan

Both are vetoable or borderline as it is....the thing is, Team A is the same team both times. Is it just me or does that look like talent dumping? The Commish decided to let the trades through because there was no collusion and teams should be able to judge players how they wish. However, a team dumping its impact players in questionable trades like this is a form of collusion. I'd like to get some more opinions, but I really think this should be looked into further. Not saying the trades should be reversed....it's too late for that, but chances are there are more trades like this on the way, and I don't think that trades like the ones above from that team should be allowed in the future.
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 119
Team : 5280
League : Elite / 2008 AA Texas Champion
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Frontier League Trades Empty
PostSubject: Re: Frontier League Trades   Frontier League Trades Icon_minitimeWed May 13, 2009 8:33 pm

Hey Dutchmen,
I chatted with "Team A" last night for over an hour and touched on these trades in my upcoming AA report which should be posted soon on the site. It appears he values closers a little too much and might be a little over his head. I think the important thing is for everyone in the league to admit that it probably was a rookie mistake. The "Team B's" in this case could be as much to blame for taking advantage of the guy. The last thing he wanted to do was cause trouble. Looking back, he knows that Delgado wasn't the best return on his money for Braun.

Anyway ... everyone can check it out in the AA recap which includes quotes on the two trades from four Frontier League owners.

Shameless plug ... I know. Laughing
Back to top Go down

Frontier League Trades
Page 1 of 1