delanceydogs
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 9
Team : wailing Banshees
League : Double-A Texas League
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: Let's get some discussion going   Fri Apr 17, 2009 5:21 pm

OK, I notice Goombah has been active and I know at least half of us registered.

Let's get some topics started:

1) Why aren't we seeing trade activity? I made a few offers (to same team - lack of response - no big deal). My question is why do YOU think it is slow to date? Roster size? Early in season? Other?

2) Coming from yahoo, I notice the following:
a) Competitive level about the same
b) I like the interface much better on ESPN - although it took some time to adjust. Also, I do miss the 'watch list' function.

What are your reactions so far?

Anyway, hopefully a possible starting point. BTW Goombahs - looking forward to fencing with you all season long - while I love Pittsburgh (esp Bethel Park area), Philly is still the heart of the state.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

PostSubject: Re: Let's get some discussion going   Fri Apr 17, 2009 7:15 pm

I love the ESPN interface....its so much better......

I am also glad to see the new guys jump on here.....the level of trades and discussion DEF. increase as you get higher in the leagues.....the guys who care and are obsessive move up......I am excite to see how you do...
Back to top Go down
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 13
Team : The Pretenders
League : '10 Elite league champ. '09 Florida State league champ.
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Re: Let's get some discussion going   Sun Apr 19, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi there! I came from Yahoo! too. I miss the watch list as well, here, I just use a piece of paper and make a list. It works well enough. There have been 2 trades in my league (Florida State), and I was involved in both of them. Mostly it's because the other guys just want too much in return, but there has been some chatter going on. For an example, I offered Chad Billingsley and Jorge Cantu for A-Rod. I thought that was a decent offer for an old guy with a bad hip, turns out the guy wanted me to throw in Ellsbury as well. I like A-rod, but really, COME ON! I'm sure there will be some more trades coming soon, for now I'm just watching the add/drops. I picked up Pat Burrell off of waivers, he should be good for 100 walks, yeah! I'm kind of hoping that a few people freak out and drop some good players, is that wrong of me????
Back to top Go down
View user profile
delanceydogs
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 9
Team : wailing Banshees
League : Double-A Texas League
Registration date : 2009-04-13

PostSubject: 'Watch List"   Mon Apr 20, 2009 11:45 am

Pretenders - If you come with better options for the 'watch list' function, let me know. I co-commish both a hockey and baseball keeper (16 teams each) on yahoo. Probably moving the leagues over to ESPN - so far the only issue has been the 'watch list'.

Thx
Back to top Go down
View user profile
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 13
Team : The Pretenders
League : '10 Elite league champ. '09 Florida State league champ.
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Watch list.   Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:05 pm

The only thing I can suggest is that we get as many people to contact ESPN and tell them that we would love to have a watch list feature added. If there are enough requests for it, I think it would get done. For now, I have my miserable piece of paper with a lot of names on it and some scribbling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let's get some discussion going   

Back to top Go down

Let's get some discussion going
Page 1 of 1