Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

Number of posts : 13
Team : The Pretenders
League : '10 Elite league champ. '09 Florida State league champ.
Registration date : 2009-03-23

Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Empty
PostSubject: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 7:49 pm

Hi, I guess the title said it all. I've seen that some of the leagues have a draft recap, but my league doesn't have a link. I'm in the Florida State A league this year.
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 9:00 pm

Just updated the link to Florida State recap. Once the season starts, you'll be able to look at every team and league in the Elite system through the standings page.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
J.Augustine09
Prospect
Prospect
J.Augustine09

Number of posts : 13
Team : The Pretenders
League : '10 Elite league champ. '09 Florida State league champ.
Registration date : 2009-03-23

PostSubject: Thanks   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 10:01 pm

Thanks you for the update, I was hoping to be able to look at the teams in the other leagues. I think I'm going to like playing here a lot!
Back to top Go down
derekio
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 4
Team : mine
League : midwest
Registration date : 2009-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:32 am

J.Augustine09 wrote:
I think I'm going to like playing here a lot!

that outlook may change once you see how this outfit handles lopsided trades.
Turns out that it doesn't matter who you trade, the only concern is that there's no collusion.
I've seen arod for hermida...it does no good to protest it.
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 12:58 am

The trade was Swisher/Hermida for Arod first of all. And no it doesn't matter who you trade, as long as there is no collusion. Lopsided trades will happen, its part of the game. Everyone has equal opportunity to be the beneficiary of a lopsided trade.

Now, to defend that trade. let me say first that I would never do it. But, put your judgements aside and look at the numbers. Heres how the numbers look right now:

Swisher/Hermida - .260 10 HR 32 RBI 33 RUNS 42 BB 2 SB
Arod - 0

Again, not a smart move in my opinion but also not worthy of a veto and certainly not worth getting up in arms about.
Back to top Go down
derekio
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 9:21 am

tha sort of misconstrued perception is exactly why we were up in arms about it.
the inability to use common sense, and KNOW that Arod, arguably the best fantasy player for the last 10 years , was coming back. To say it was fair becasue arod had o points at the time. is ridiculous at best.
the inactive manager who traded him was also a huge part of it.
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 5:32 pm

I understand what you are saying, and it can definitely be frustrating to deal with as another manager trying to compete in the league. But the immaturity and lack of sportsmanship displayed in response to that trade is also ridiculous. Elite is taking on something that has never been attempted before and thus conflict and controversy are inevitable. There is no perfect method for dealing with trading, and Elites method is a work in progress. Those really invested in the concept and competition will stick it out.
Back to top Go down
derekio
Prospect
Prospect

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 6:12 pm

I personally saw the horrid EFP solution, as a copout.
Of course its just a class A league, we all get that.
But we also have to start somewhere right? to basically tell us to shut up because we were a class a league, was a classless bush league move.
common sense should have prevailed in that whole mess.
4 of the 5 active members of that league quit because of it. If it were my league, that would tell me that , "hey, this is a big problem, and I need to fix it".
but EFP response was to basically say that :
1: we dont care, you're a first yr league
2: its fantasy baseball, don't get so worked up
3: to check email addresses of the 2 offending parties, as a secret columbo style investigation, into whether collusion had taken place.

if you're not going to treat the new leagues equal, then don't have them at all. I think the premise of EFL is awesome, thats why I decided to play. But...management at the top needs a lot of work.
doesnt it say in the rules, that you stay active and sign up for the message board? I find it funny that you so vehemently say you are staying consstent with YOUR rules, yet fail to enforce those 2.
consistency? seriously?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 43
Registration date : 2008-02-19

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitimeSat May 09, 2009 7:52 pm

This topic is going to be locked. The topic has been beaten to death. We went back and reviewed the chat logs and have the following final comments.

1) One team quit and one other was removed/quite for acting like a jerk and refusing to be cool. Thats two not four.

2) John never said "its just fantasy baseball get over it" or anything close to that. He was calm and professional the entire time. The league in turn was extremely rude to him. He was polite and stayed steady the whole time. He explained the rules and sent you links. Not all managers in the league were bad but two guys were way over the top rude - cursing, using homophobic slurs and personally attacking JT.

3) It wasn't by checking email addresses that it was determined there was no collusion. In the log JT said he couldn't share the information that let him know it wasn't collusion b/c it was personal and for privacy reasons he couldnt share the details. Does anyone really think that from a privacy stand point he can just go blabbing peoples personal details all of the internet? It is a fantasy baseball trade and people shouldn't have personal details spread all over the place to justify it. EFP takes their members privacy seriously and will not share information.

4) John never dismissed this league as "a lower league" He said that A leagues were inherently less active and that you play it out the higher leagues are tougher - which is after all the point of this system. If you stuck it out and made it higher than you would have better competition. He said that he cant ensure that every team stays active in low leagues but that teams that arent are banned and removed from the system. According to the rules say if you are inactive you get logged and get warnings. If you dont reply or change your activity level you are banned. Period.

5) The league was upset and we actually tried out an experiment and allowed you an appeal to the Elite league. The trade was posted in the Elite league and that league voted to let it pass. John went above and beyond what EFP rules require just in order to satisfy this league. (NOTE: The Elite League vote is NOT a part of EFP rules and this will not be a precedent for future problems.)

In the end the problem has been handled and the rules applied. John went above and beyond to satisfy a league that was extremely rude and disorderly. This subject has been discussed and we are moving on. This topic is locked and future post will be removed.
Back to top Go down
https://elitefantasybaseball.darkbb.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?   Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Is there any way to look at teams in the other leagues?
Page 1 of 1