Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Who Has Best FFB Team???

Go down 
+2
J. Thornton
Corporal Punishers
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

Number of posts : 83
Team : Corporal Punishers
League : Elite
Registration date : 2008-03-01

Who Has Best FFB Team??? Empty
PostSubject: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeFri Sep 12, 2008 11:01 pm

Now that the draft is over, and season changing injuries have occurred with the passing of Week #1 I was wondering what Elite FFB team would be voted most likely to win their league by fellow owners. I must say I really like my team and will post it to use as a water mark for other teams to compare against.

Corporal Punishers
QB Brees
QB Rivers
QB Cassel
QB Campbell
RB Barber
RB Graham
RB S. Young
RB L. Washington
RB A. Green
RB Torain (IR)
WR Burress
WR S. Smith (IR)
WR Crayton
WR Porter
WR D. Branch
WR K. Curtis (IR)
WR Randle El
TE Heap
DEF/ST Seahawks
K Scobee

Now I ask you...How can I lose with a team like this??? cheers
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 4:18 am

looks great....Heap might be a weak spot unless he can regain his pre-injury form....Scobee isnt the greatest of kickers either but kickers are worthless anyway. Heres my squad, lacks a little depth at RB but still pretty strong:

QB Palmer
QB Edwards
RB Westbrook
RB Graham
RB Morris
WR Houshmanzadeh
WR Marshall
WR Berrian
WR Crayton
WR Muhammed
TE Clark
TE McMichael
D/ST Cowboys
D/ST Ravens
K Graham
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:45 am

TE is my weakest link...Heap isn;t very strong but I think he's better than the guy I dropped (Crumpler).

WCB I really like your WR corp. You have many Hi-Pot canidates at that position. I find the differences in team depth very interesting as well. I think we have this situation because of the player value differences for what was available at the draft & on the wire. But it could also be philosophical diffrences with how Bye weeks are handled...I don't put too much emphasis on Bye week availability...Too many things(injuries, etc.) can change between now and then and I might end up "punting" a category depending on the situation.

Thanks for the response...looking forward to hearing from other teams around the leagues.

Thought I'd provide an update to my response...guess I can look at putting my strategy right away...Heap isn't playing this week..now how often do football games get cancelled??? Well I guess I'll sleep on it...Roll with what I have or pick up Donald lee off the wire...decisions-decisions...

OK...Finally got off the "Snyde" and put Heap on the scrap heap(oh that's bad I've got to stop drinking so much alcohol) and decided to pick up Donald Lee...At least it will give me something to root for when the Lions play lol!

Last edited by Corporal Punishers on Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
capitolfi
Prospect
Prospect
capitolfi

Number of posts : 10
Team : E'Town Assassins
League : Pacific Coast League (AAA)
Registration date : 2008-03-29

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 6:31 pm

Here is my D-1 National roster. I have very little depth, but I'm very happy with my starting roster.

QB Brees
QB Warner
QB Schaub
RB A. Peterson
RB J. Lewis
RB C. Taylor
RB Mendenhall
WR H. Ward
WR S. Moss
WR A. Bryant
WR L. Coles
WR Reggie Williams
WR M. Clayton
TE Gonzalez
TE Fasano
K Gould
D/ST 49ers

I basically plan on playing the waiver wire for the best defensive play week by week -- have the niners this week.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 8:43 pm

Capitolfi,

Like your QB's the most and I think that's the most important position with the way our league scoring set up. I'm not so sure I understand holding onto Fasano...I mean I cannot see him starting over Gonzalez any week of the year except for the Bye week of coarse. A-Pete will do well for ya but the rest of your RB's are questionable. Interesting strategy...It'll be interesting to see how the Niner Def/ST fairs this week.

I also notice that there is not one player common to all (3) teams that have posted their rosters so far. Now that's what I call diversity...
Back to top Go down
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 119
Team : 5280
League : Elite / 2008 AA Texas Champion
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 9:18 pm

Here's my Elite team (The 5280) ... not sure if it resembles anything close to elite, however. LOL

QB Carson Palmer
QB Kurt Warner
RB Brian Westbrook
RB Willis McGahee
RB Andre Hall
RB Rashard Mendenhall
RB Kenny Watson
RB Correll Buckhalter
RB Shaun Alexander
WR Wes Welker
WR Calvin Johnson
WR Dwayne Bowe
WR Ted Ginn Jr.
WR Anthony Gonzalez
WR Chris Henry (susp)
TE Dante Rosario (replaced Nate Jackson)
K Nick Folk
D Titans

Week 1: Lost to TOP Shelf, 113-94.5
On the plus side, 5-of-6 teams in my division lost.
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:13 pm

Shaun Alexander??? Shaun Freek'n Alexander??? Who's he back'n up??? Laughing
Words that make most owners cringe..."Your team has alot of Po-tentia"...Especially if McGahee stays healthy and turns out to be a feature back. Your receiving corp is very solid top to bottom along with your Def/ST & K. alien

Hopefully, I'll be able to knock the "Shelf" down a peg or two since I play him this week geek

Just have one Question for ya Cory...Who are ya gonna have play receiver during week#4 scratch

Last edited by Corporal Punishers on Sat Sep 13, 2008 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Devil Dogs
Prospect
Prospect
Devil Dogs

Number of posts : 9
Team : Tampa Devil Dogs
League : DIVISION II NORTHERN CONFERENCE
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:15 pm

Heres what I ended up with...

QB Tony Romo
QB Matt Hasselbeck
RB Johnathan Stewart
RB Lendale White
RB Felix Jones
RB Derrick Ward
RB Pierre Thomas
RB Steve Slaton
WR Randy Moss
WR Reggie Wayne
WR Brandon Marshall
WR Derrick Mason
WR David Patten
WR Bobby Engram
TE Jason Witten
K Nate Kaeding
DEF Cardinals
DEF 49ers

Im not real happy with my RBs but my WRs are nice!
Tampa Devil Dogs - DIVISION II NORTHERN CONFERENCE
Back to top Go down
Corporal Punishers
Veteran
Veteran
Corporal Punishers

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSat Sep 13, 2008 11:33 pm

Yo Dog,
I agree that you have some fantastic receivers and your QB situation is OK and will get much better by week #6 for Hasselbeck. You just have to stem the tide until then. That could be a pretty tall order because of your RB by committee approach. Your team would be a huge threat every week If you could make a deal to get a #1 RB rostered... clown

I know...I know what opinions are like... Razz Good Luck this year...
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeSun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 pm

I agree with CP....the Tampa Devil Dogs look really strong outside of the RB situation. I actually like your top 3 RB's a lot, if only they got more carries. Cards D/ST is definitely underrated as well, should put up decent numbers for you this year.

I think the 5280 team look phenominal...at least one Elite player at each position and Titans D is nasty. Then again, I'm still believing that Palmer is a top 5 QB.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Devil Dogs
Prospect
Prospect
Devil Dogs

Number of posts : 9
Team : Tampa Devil Dogs
League : DIVISION II NORTHERN CONFERENCE
Registration date : 2008-08-30

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 16, 2008 4:53 pm

Yeah, I have been trying to trade Moss for a RB but nobodies bitin'...Stewart & Felix had nice games, and it looks like Lendale is getting goal line chances so maybe Ill be alright. Thankx for the input! GO COWBOYS! Man what a great game monday night!!
Back to top Go down
mafiafran
Prospect
Prospect

Number of posts : 3
Team : gaga
League : ăgagwawg
Registration date : 2010-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitimeTue Sep 21, 2010 3:07 am

Like your QB's the most and I think that's the most important position with the way our league scoring set up. I'm not so sure I understand holding onto Fasano...I mean I cannot see him starting over Gonzalez any week of the year except for the Bye week of coarse. A-Pete will do well for ya but the rest of your RB's are questionable. Interesting strategy...It'll be interesting to see how the Niner Def/ST fairs this week.

B2B XML Web Service
Egyptian cotton sheets
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Who Has Best FFB Team???   Who Has Best FFB Team??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Who Has Best FFB Team???
Page 1 of 1