Elite Fantasy Players Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Whats up with that?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cory's Crew
Veteran
Veteran
Cory's Crew

Number of posts : 142
Team : Cory's Crew
League : 10 Elite / 09 AAA International Champ / 08 AA Texas LG. Runner up
Registration date : 2008-02-24

Whats up with that? Empty
PostSubject: Whats up with that?   Whats up with that? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 3:43 pm

I am attempting to make several moves (not Juniper level) but both of them i have gotten a veto on or a note to the league Mad

Deal #1
J. Hamilton & M. Derossa
for
A. Pujols & C. Hart

The numbers on this deal are almost identical.... and it got a veto vote.....Any ideas.??
If any thing i think i got short changed.. And was just so excited to make a deal..... scratch

Deal #2
J.Verlander & C.Marmol
for
M.Tejada

My starting short stop is Y.Escobar while he is not brutal he is also not great..This deal the league recieved a message from the lawyer in our league explaning how i "Robbed" the other owner...I just dont think thats the deal. The owner i was dealing with i have great respsct for, and is one of the few if the only other person who is on the ball.
This ties in so well with the BOC coloum today........... Exclamation
All right guys Opinons ( did i spell that right? ) Tell me what you think....
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with that?   Whats up with that? Icon_minitimeFri May 30, 2008 4:31 pm

As usual, the veto is misused unless there is collusion involved OR the trade ruins the integirty of the league. A trade that would ruin the integrity of the league would be one where a manager has no clue what they are doing and makes a trade like Pujols for Linebrink because "they need some holds."

Neither of the trades you mentioned fall into these categories to me. Trade #1 is a pretty lopsided in favor of the Pujols side but by no means worthy of a veto. Trade #2 is a very solid deal and should not even be questioned at all.

We all have our opinions of value so I may think one side gets the better deal and someone else may think otherwise. The point is, if its not cheating and its not Pujols for Linebrink...its a good deal.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Veteran
Veteran

Number of posts : 119
Team : 5280
League : Elite / 2008 AA Texas Champion
Registration date : 2008-02-24

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with that?   Whats up with that? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 2:44 am

Hey Cory ... I'll trade you Polanco for Albert Pujols because ... well I need a player that doesn't suck. That's a valid reason, isn't it? LOL

Talk about fleecing the owners in our league. That Pujols deal (while not overturnable) has to rate up there with my Hamels for Howard deal.

And one more thing ... Tejada admitted today that he's not 31 or 33. He's 39.
OK ... just messin.

Nice to have you in our league, brutha!!!
Back to top Go down
J. Thornton
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Number of posts : 267
Team : Commissioner
League : Elite Fantasy Players
Registration date : 2008-02-20

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with that?   Whats up with that? Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 7:07 am

Any recent Texas league trades...you guys have been kind of quiet lately.
Back to top Go down
http://www.elitefantasyplayers.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Whats up with that?   Whats up with that? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Whats up with that?
Page 1 of 1